Monday, July 03, 2006

 

More Dancing.........

Here it is, the 3rd of July and I set before the computer a tad bored. I could be out in the workshop, doing further remodeling out there, but I have expended my remodeling funds for the week and what details there are to do till more funds are available would only last at best 2 hours. Besides, I be plumb lazy today.

Might run out to Polecat later and set out some corn that has been souring in this heat for the past week. Best take several guns, cause using Root Beer and Maple Syrup sure makes for a potent smell. Might have to defend myself from being over ran by hungry hogs. Yeah, right and Pam Anderson is gonna give me a Tommy Lee lap dance too. Just in case, maybe I need too get my shot record updated.

My bride is busy painting the living room. Yeah, I know, here I set when I should be in helping her. Just went in to check on her and middle daughter was enjoying a helping of potato salad, watching Mom work. Best thing I can do is what I am already doing. Staying out of harms way.

Disconnected thought connected to the previous paragraph. Is it just me or when a female member of the family begins a cleaning project, it is like a shark feeding frenzy? Serious folks, I have observed my bride for years going thru the process of housecleaning and never really realizing what is being moved about or even where it is being moved too at times. I have watched her pick up something, move it too a new location, then 10 minutes later asked if she had seen said object . The usual response is , “No”. Don’t get me wrong here folks, I love my bride as much now as I did watching her walk down the aisle over 35 years ago, but that can be scary. And she wonders why I do all I can to stay out of the way. Afraid she’ll move me one day and forget where she put me.

One reader has commented I should do an article on Religion. I have mentioned this to others with a somewhat agreeable comment from them. As I have commented on before, the surest was to lose a friend is to discuss Politics or Religion. Now I know I have spoken on Politics several times, but that is a subject which is easy too be discussed in broad enough terms, that offense is deferred to a laughable state. But Religion is a whole different beast. It is not possible to thoroughly cover the subject without touching on a specific religious sector or beliefs. While Politics is often broad enough and defused enough to carefully paint with a broad brush, Religion is often too pointed a subject to paint in such a manner. If I do take up the mantel of this subject, the reader will have to be aware that even if I am diametrically opposite to their beliefs, I am still the same person they have came to know and loath over the passing years.

One of the pleasures of chatting with folks that have most of the same ideals you hold is the meeting with those folks in person and sharing a laugh, drink, great food and shooting. One given fact is that under no circumstances will everyone share the exact concepts of all of the above. There will always be something, however minor it might be, to separate and distinguish one person from another.

I had an extremely enjoyable weekend not long ago with a Scottish friend fishing for stripers. One of the best things about fishing over shooting or hunting, is that the fish do not care if you get loud with laughter or ignore the target. The fish will let you know when it is time to reel them in and except for the possibility of getting a hook in the finger, safety is not a big issue. This is slow time. Time to truly enjoy each others company. To tell tall tales and relax with the knowledge you are amongst friends. Even with a 5 hour drive each way, it was a very relaxing weekend.

Here I must also once again thank our Host and Hostess for the weekend. As usual, their hospitality was above what one needs to expect. Food was plentiful, drink was always available and conversation was entertaining, if not at times bizarre. Wait a minute, it was my comments that were usually bizarre. OK, strike the last comments concerning bizarre.

I have wasted enough of the readers time for the moment. Plus I have ran out of jibberish to depart up the sore eyes of the reader. We’ll see that we can do with the rest of the day without breaking in too much of a sweat.

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July. Remember, the life you save might be a liberal.


3 July 2006
Hiding in the Den



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?